Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Here's a picture Jerry. Where does the copper tampax go? 😄
The following users liked this post:
Bush Pilot (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Bush Pilot
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Thanks for sharing. My opinion is that you've put a band aid over a larger problem. I say that because other cars just like yours don't create a cloud of smoke in the scenario you describe. I believe there's a more fundamental issue with your car.
Old 04-25-2023, 04:33 PM
jerry wentworth
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnroads
Here's a picture Jerry. Where does the copper tampax go? 😄
Here's a pic of my AOS...obviously different but possibly still doable...The mesh cylinder goes into the "tube" with the red O-ring. Not sure if this can be made to work on the accordion-style tube shown in your photo. Just speculating now but it may be possible
to use something more like a large pellet to avoid interfering with the accordion action rather than the cylinder shape I used. Here also is a pic of the mesh I used. i got it online but have been told it's available in hardware stores...used for rodent control.

Old 04-25-2023, 04:43 PM
jerry wentworth
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree! As I said, I haven't found a definitive answer to why the smoking problem occurs but I wanted to share what I've discovered with the gang in the hope that others with smoking problems (particularly on tracked cars) might benefit.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:50 AM
mtnroads
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Thank you, Jerry. Your intent to share information is appreciated.
BushPilot, this thread (and others) show that a healthy M96 with factory AOS will cause white smoke under certain conditions. That's why porschetech3 has spent countless hours and dollars to design a lasting solution (UAOS).
Old 04-26-2023, 03:44 PM
Bush Pilot
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by mtnroads
Thank you, Jerry. Your intent to share information is appreciated.
BushPilot, this thread (and others) show that a healthy M96 with factory AOS will cause white smoke under certain conditions. That's why porschetech3 has spent countless hours and dollars to design a lasting solution (UAOS).
I haven't seen any evidence that the original poster has a "healthy M96" and I'm skeptical that Porsche sold cars off the showroom floor that created smoke clouds under certain conditions. Ever since replacing my own AOS, I haven't seen any smoke clouds in the mountains or in the flats. Porschetech3 may have created a better AOS. OK.

Quick Reply: Massive smoke-986S