Sponsored by:

P0455 - Gross Leak Evaporative Recovery System

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 05:51 AM
mreigie
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question P0455 - Gross Leak Evaporative Recovery System

I took my new (used) 2000 2.7L Boxter for emissions testing when I first purchased the vehicle and they told me my gas cap was defective. I purchased the new cap and returned to the station at which point they passed the test. I thought ok all good. But since that time periodically the check engine light comes on and displays the same code. As I do not smell fuel from any position around the car, near the cap, under the engine cover etc. but smell no gas odor which to me eliminates cracked hose or charcoal canister and was wondering if this a fairly common recurring issue and with that any suggestions what to go after. Thanks in advance for any advice. -Mike
Old 09-23-2022, 11:33 AM
Breton Saunders
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the replacement gas cap a new Porsche cap or aftermarket? The reason I ask is these cars are very sensitive to pressure leaks from the gas cap, and even the aluminum cap Porsche sells caused my car to pop a 0455 code. I replaced it with a new standard, currently updated cap and I’ve had no further issues.
Old 09-24-2022, 04:17 AM
mreigie
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a matter of fact, I was very surprised at how inexpensive the aftermarket cap was and did not see the problem rear it head for a while after and now about every 6-10th trip the CEL appears. Am shopping for a new OEM cap as I type. Thank you very much for your input. -Mike

Quick Reply: P0455 - Gross Leak Evaporative Recovery System