Sponsored by:

Intermittent Seatbelt Chime/Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 06:30 PM
MikieBabs
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent Seatbelt Chime/Warning Light

The seatbelt warning indicator and chime activate occasionally in my 2016 Boxster S (driver side seat) when I am driving with seatbelt properly fastened. I can usually make it go away by wiggling the receptacle where the seatbelt tab plugs in, but sometimes it immediately recurs.
I assume there is a bad connection somewhere. I've looked at the wire that leads into the seatbelt receptacle (that is, to the right of the seat), but it isn't obvious that there's a problem.
Before I start tearing things apart, does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2022, 07:21 AM
Starter986
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by MikieBabs
The seatbelt warning indicator and chime activate occasionally in my 2016 Boxster S (driver side seat) when I am driving with seatbelt properly fastened. I can usually make it go away by wiggling the receptacle where the seatbelt tab plugs in, but sometimes it immediately recurs.
I assume there is a bad connection somewhere. I've looked at the wire that leads into the seatbelt receptacle (that is, to the right of the seat), but it isn't obvious that there's a problem.
Before I start tearing things apart, does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.
My suggestion would be try a 981 forum. You might have better luck with a response.

However... you could tighten down all connections associated with the belt hardware... inspect for broken wires/connections... you know...

Good morning.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:56 AM
MikieBabs
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll post on the 981 forum.

Quick Reply: Intermittent Seatbelt Chime/Warning Light