Sponsored by:

2000 Boxster S PPI Price Quotes

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 08:09 PM
MrPapes
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 Boxster S PPI Price Quotes

Hi Everyone, I'm getting a PPI done for a 2000 Boxster S I'd like to buy and wanted your opinion on two quotes I've received. Both locations are located in Woodland Hills, CA. Ingolstadt West charges $200, and HOUSE Automotive Charges $495. The first seems in line with what I've seen for similar inspections, but the second seems high. What do you think? Thanks!
Old 09-10-2022, 11:03 AM
Starter986
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by MrPapes
Hi Everyone, I'm getting a PPI done for a 2000 Boxster S I'd like to buy and wanted your opinion on two quotes I've received. Both locations are located in Woodland Hills, CA. Ingolstadt West charges $200, and HOUSE Automotive Charges $495. The first seems in line with what I've seen for similar inspections, but the second seems high. What do you think? Thanks!

I think you should ask, if already you haven't and not presenting to us those details, if one or the other is going to perform pressure/leakdown tests. You knowe... pulling plugs... shoving a camera into the pistons... etc.

Some mechanics just check the basic stuff... and don't so much get into the internals. Me? I'd want to know the condition of the internals.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:33 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Which would you like to have, the one hour "yes it starts and runs" inspection or the 3 hours with a write up and a walk through?

I got the latter and after I addressed all the items the mechanic noted, the car was flawless for 5 years.

Ask to see a sample PPI write-up. See which you prefer.

Mine was three pages, compression test, alignment check, road test, etc on a standard form he had. Then he walked me through his findings with the car in the air on a lift and took the car for a short but spirited drive. Since he had a few Porsche race car in various stages of preparation in his shop, I figured he might know a few things about P-cars.

Quick Reply: 2000 Boxster S PPI Price Quotes