Sponsored by:

Power Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 10:47 AM
nightmarcher
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Problem

I have a problem with my boxster power window. When I try to make it go down, the window stops half way or would go down a little and stop. Trying to make it go up also seems to be a problem. I assume it must be a problem with the window regulator (correct me if I am wrong). Has anyone ever replaced the window regulator or motor? How easy is it to replace this part and does anyone have any suggestions or repair instructions?

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:41 AM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 789 Likes on 413 Posts

I'm no expert, but it's probably not the regulator or motor. There is a myriad of switches that have to function correctly. It's probably one of those. I'd call someone at a dealership and ask.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:16 PM
95 GPW 993
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My '98 developed a problem where the passenger door window wouldn't go down the 1/4 inch or so to clear the top when the door was opened. Otherwise it operated normally. Thought I could live with that....

BUT....

About 4 months later, when I would run over a moderate bump in the road, BOTH windows would suddenly lower to their position when the top is lowered. The window switches on the center console did not work when that happened, and the only way to make the windows go back up was to open the top latch and slam it shut, then use the console switches to close them. At first startling, then annoying, especially during the winter!

Turned out the passenger door regulator had expired and had to be replaced. Not a repair I would want to attempt myself. My usual shop wasn't used to this kind of work, so I had to take it to the P-dealer. $600 later all is well.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:39 AM
natzee
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sound like the window regulator is toasted. It costs about $250 each. As far as diy, you might want to do a google search. There was a post on how to remove the door pannel but I don't remember the link.

I had mine done 3 months ago.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:30 AM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The regulator can go bad. Have to take the door panel off to see what is going on.

Quick Reply: Power Window Problem