Sponsored by:

Anybody have a key fob case?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 06:27 PM
db944
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have a key fob case?

I have a 2004 and one key is in good shape but the other is pretty worn out. The internals are still in working order. Just wondering if anyone has a key from a parts car that still has a decent casing.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-27-2022, 06:45 PM
boisenelson
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by db944
I have a 2004 and one key is in good shape but the other is pretty worn out. The internals are still in working order. Just wondering if anyone has a key from a parts car that still has a decent casing.

Thanks in advance!!
If you don't come up with anything you can get the shells on Amazon
Amazon Amazon
and swap out the guts with your originals. I'll dig around as I may have one lurking somewhere
Old 07-27-2022, 07:52 PM
JasonGuthrie
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boisenelson
If you don't come up with anything you can get the shells on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s?k=boxster+9...ref=nb_sb_noss and swap out the guts with your originals. I'll dig around as I may have one lurking somewhere
This ^! You can get them for very cheap and they have a few variations in look and feel, but all appear equal in quality to the OEM fob. I tried to have one of the "Amazon" keys coded to work for my car, which never quite worked, so I wound up buying a new key from Porsche. Cost me $785. By that time, I had $100 in "Amazon" keys and I have to take a second look every time I grab my keys because I have them all in a close-proximity pile. If you don't know, the hardest part about the exchange is moving the small transponder "pill". They appear to pop out, almost like the feeling of a fuse, but I swear mine felt soldered or glued. The only reason I wasn't able to use the generic key is that my OEM key had lost its ability to stay programmed to the car, regardless of what shell it was in.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a key fob case?