Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pic Request for Boxster Red Interiors, preferably with Different Colored Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 05:09 PM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Pic Request for Boxster Red Interiors, preferably with Different Colored Seats

As many of you, my Boxster seats have deteriorated and need to be replaced or recovered. The two simplest and affordable choices are getting some used seats or L Seat covers. But when looking for used seats, there are almost never any red seats. So I'm curious what black or Sierra Beige or grey would look like. Not a huge fan of a red interior but that's what I got. So if anyone has done this, please post some interior pics with the top down. I guess I can always Photoshop it but that's a lot of work if someone already has pics.

One side question is if "Scarlet Red" on the L Seat website is a match for Boxster Red? Looks like it but it's tough to tell so if anyone has Scarlet Red covers on their Boxster, I would love to see that as well.

Or any other solutions to the questionable Porsche leather would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:11 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by superloaf
As many of you, my Boxster seats have deteriorated and need to be replaced or recovered. The two simplest and affordable choices are getting some used seats or L Seat covers. But when looking for used seats, there are almost never any red seats. So I'm curious what black or Sierra Beige or grey would look like. Not a huge fan of a red interior but that's what I got. So if anyone has done this, please post some interior pics with the top down. I guess I can always Photoshop it but that's a lot of work if someone already has pics.

One side question is if "Scarlet Red" on the L Seat website is a match for Boxster Red? Looks like it but it's tough to tell so if anyone has Scarlet Red covers on their Boxster, I would love to see that as well.

Or any other solutions to the questionable Porsche leather would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
GAHH Automotive has been recommended to me for quality leather, that match’s OEM. Front seat sets range from $1730-2000 based on seat style, comfort…sport, etc. GAHH lists three “style” of seats for the custom cut leather. An interior pic of recovered Boxster Red seats using the GAHH leather, was posted in a response to my wanted thread on the 996TT forum…link below.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...l#post18265688

I am on the opposite side of this…I have an Arctic Silver/Boxster Red 03 S arriving tomorrow…the Boxster Red interior was a must for me. I’d love to find a set of hard back sport seats for the car, and recovering otherwise worn seats is an option.

Professional installation of the GAHH leather will add some additional monies for sure.

That being said, Boxster/996 comfort seats are not rare in the dismantler world. A set of seat’s would run likely less than the replacement leather listed above. I’ll be interested in breaking up the red with black mat’s, and would have preferred a black 3 spoke steering wheel also.

Good luck, and would love to see an interior pic of your car.
Old 07-27-2022, 09:27 AM
Starter986
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
GAHH Automotive has been recommended to me for quality leather, that match’s OEM. Front seat sets range from $1730-2000 based on seat style, comfort…sport, etc. GAHH lists three “style” of seats for the custom cut leather. An interior pic of recovered Boxster Red seats using the GAHH leather, was posted in a response to my wanted thread on the 996TT forum…link below.

I am on the opposite side of this…I have an Arctic Silver/Boxster Red 03 S arriving tomorrow…the Boxster Red interior was a must for me. I’d love to find a set of hard back sport seats for the car, and recovering otherwise worn seats is an option.

Professional installation of the GAHH leather will add some additional monies for sure.

That being said, Boxster/996 comfort seats are not rare in the dismantler world. A set of seat’s would run likely less than the replacement leather listed above. I’ll be interested in breaking up the red with black mat’s, and would have preferred a black 3 spoke steering wheel also.

I've the silver/red. However, it came to me with black seats. I do like the mix, and think red seats would be overkill. At some point I'd like to have the seatback... the piece that can pop out... replaced with the red covering, for contrast.

I swapped out the 4 spoke wheel for the three spoke. That 4 spoker looks very sedan-ish in our cars. Not a great choice by Porsche... and they figured it out a couple years later.

A black interior doesn't work for me.
Old 07-27-2022, 04:26 PM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy

Those seats do look fantastic but the price is similar. I'm definitely looking in the less than $500 range total. The L Seat covers are decent if done right but I'm sure it's a very difficult process to get them to look right. I've seen some that look horrible and others that are very good although probably never as nice as the ones in your GAAH link.

And the silver/red combo was growing on me in the very short time I was driving the car. I bought it in beginning of Oct, drove it for 2 weeks and then drove to Nashville where things went south (no pun intended) and now it sits with the engine apart as well as the transmission, both awaiting parts and installation.
I now like silver cars although I must admit that I love and wanted my Boxster in black/Sierra beige when I was looking. I also kind of like but sometimes don't for whatever reason the all black combo. I admit the black interior does seem a bit drab sometimes even though I normally love black or darker interiors. Never liked the grey interior for some reason.

Due to the very short driving time I had, this is the only pic of the interior I have!

Yes, I know you can't see the interior in the other 2 shots but just let me relive those fantastic days driving in the canyons around LA!

Sure do miss it....But it will be coming back....hopefully...and with newly recovered seats...

Originally Posted by Starter986
I've the silver/red. However, it came to me with black seats. I do like the mix, and think red seats would be overkill. At some point I'd like to have the seatback... the piece that can pop out... replaced with the red covering, for contrast.

I swapped out the 4 spoke wheel for the three spoke. That 4 spoker looks very sedan-ish in our cars. Not a great choice by Porsche... and they figured it out a couple years later.

A black interior doesn't work for me.
Yeah, black can be harsh. Like I said, I usually like it but while I like it in the Boxster, it's also a bit stark. Which is weird for me as one of my favorite interiors of all time is a black 914 interior. So simple and all black with nothing that's not needed, love it. But I admit the 914 interior is one of the most stark interiors ever. Still, it's perfect!

The 3 spoke wheel is much nicer. It's also comfortable with the little flat grab handles molded into it. They seem strange at first but I remember liking them.

I do like the all red Boxster interior but maybe in my car it's controlled by the black steering wheel.

And, of course, whatever you end up with will grow on you! Looking at my pics, I love the look of the car. Well, except for the wheels! Wish they were silver as they should be!
But I'm just a malcontent....

Oh, and wish it was running and not 2000 miles away in a pile of parts with an unknown solution to the jenky 6 speed Getrag tranny....(What a pile of garbage that thing is!)
But that's another story....

So let's see your interiors....

Quick Reply: Pic Request for Boxster Red Interiors, preferably with Different Colored Seats