Triptronic not working in drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 02:39 PM
Wackyshaun
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triptronic not working in drive

Hi there, new to this forum and looking for some technical help if possible,

Just purchased my first 1997 2.5 boxter, actually my first Porsche and brought her home on the trailer. My passion is restoring 60s Jags so these modern beauties are out of my area but I am not a total novice.
On first look around the engineering is fantastic, well impressed so should enjoy working on this car.
Back to the problem in hand, just got her home and replaced the flat battery to see what did work and what didn't, everything does and looks in good order but I purchased it with a gearbox issue and it has been off the road for a while, maybe a year or 2 a bit of a gamble really, it will select reverse no problem and move in reverse, but will not move in drive when D is selected. To help more it won't move if you select D or M, also when it is in park the r is flashing red, also the D is flashing red when selected, the key won't come out of the ignition when in park but I think it came out in Neutral. Could it be something as simple as the selector or cabling or maybe a sensor, it does not appear to be the box itself but may well be and I wouldn't have any problems swapping that out as I just looked underneath and that looks fab engineering.