Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Massachusetts folks in here ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 10:15 PM
mshenoy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Massachusetts folks in here ?

I purchased my 986 last year and I simply enjoy driving this car and working on it any opportunity I get.

Not an expert mechanic by any means and I haven’t been to any cars and coffee ever bcos I’m not that much of an extrovert and I also wouldn’t go alone.

Any fellow Boxster owners in MA want to maybe try working on projects together ? Haven’t thought of specifics just throwing it out there.
Old 02-28-2022, 07:28 AM
grc0456
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mshenoy
I purchased my 986 last year and I simply enjoy driving this car and working on it any opportunity I get.

Not an expert mechanic by any means and I haven’t been to any cars and coffee ever bcos I’m not that much of an extrovert and I also wouldn’t go alone.

Any fellow Boxster owners in MA want to maybe try working on projects together ? Haven’t thought of specifics just throwing it out there.

I'm in MA (North Shore). I was in your position when I bought my car (first P-car) six-plus years ago. Here's some of what I did:

Joined PCA - you'll get assigned to your local region (Northeast PCA) where you can get info on local and regional events. Plus, for $49/year, you get all national news and a monthly subscription to the best single-marque full-color magazine around.
Join the Boxster Register (a PCA Special Interest Group) - get web access to a group of PCA members dedicated to their Boxsters
Join other forums - Your'e in Rennlist, so join the 986forum.com, PedrosBoard/com, etc.
Buy 101 Projects for Your Boxster book - great info, even for the DIY-hesitant
Join social media groups - if you FB, IG, etc.
Attend the Blur Ridge Boxster Summit - if you are up for a road trip, you'll never have more fun
Get out there!

Through all of these actions, your bound to meet other car people, Porsche people and Boxster people. I've met dozens of folks who welcomed me into their worlds. In fact, I was even asked to join the Northeast PCA board of directors and be their newsletter editor. Northeast PCA usually has a Wellcome meeting each spring for mew members. Just go to events and ask people about their cars. Trust me, we all like to talk about our cars - how we found it, when we bought it, what we've done to it, etc. They'll ask you about yours. Good luck, and let me know if you are near me, and we can meet up once the weather turns better.
The following users liked this post:
mconnolly911 (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 10:57 AM
mconnolly911
Advanced

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mshenoy

I'm also a fellow Boxster owner from MA, and as grc0456 has outlined very nicely, there are quite a few of us around the area. In fact grc0456 and I met via the Boxster register, discovered we lived in neighboring MA towns and both own 986 Boxsters, and have built a friendship which has us getting together for P-car drives several times per year. It's a great community! Hoping to see you out there with your Boxster when the weather improves - enjoy the ride!
The following users liked this post:
grc0456 (02-28-2022)

Quick Reply: Any Massachusetts folks in here ?