Help a boxster newb with suspension overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 12:02 AM
z_wrecker
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a boxster newb with suspension overhaul

Hello,
at the beginning of June I purchased a 2002 boxster base with 76k on the clock. Car came with sport classic 17” wheels and touring package.

I am looking to refresh the 19 year old suspension and I have a question. On FCP Euro site they list two different kits for control arms and tie rods for the front. The difference being the steering rack installed. How do I tell which kits fits my car? It lists a steering rack number. Short of getting under the car is there any other way to tell?

I plan on getting the front and rear control arm kit, already ordered sway bar links and bushings for the front and the rear. Any good places to source all the hardware?

as far as springs and shocks go I went with a coilover system from Godspeed. Thought about going with Koni FSD since they are on sale but I like that the coilovers come with strut tops and are all in one unit. This will never see track however I am fortunate enough to live on beautiful country roads, my commute to work is through a bunch of twisties and I am 10 minutes away from blueridge parkway.

thank you in advance.
Old 06-30-2021, 06:49 PM
z_wrecker
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those wondering it is kit 1 for the base boxster. I ordered front and rear kit so every piece will be replaced and nice and tight.

Quick Reply: Help a boxster newb with suspension overhaul