AOS breather/vacuum hose

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 01:49 PM
dunl
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default AOS breather/vacuum hose

Hi all,

Searching a few forms for some help with this. The hose in particular is not the top hose, not the bottom, but the one on the side of the AOS on my 1998 that comes off towards the passenger seat, across the top of the block. It is apparently a real %$^% to replace. While replacing the AOS, the corrugated part was extremely brittle and cracked off with only a little force.

Just wondering if anyone has come up with a viable solution to replacing this hose. I'm told there are a few electrical connections and vacuum lines in there that are very delicate, and would prefer not to end up breaking anything else. Also, in the meantime I need to move the car, so I'm going to try and find a way to connect the broken end to the AOS so it's not an open connection.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:29 AM
brianmch
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The hose is available for sale at Pelican. Yes, it gets brittle at the ends and in the corrugated part.

When mine broke I cobbled together an internal splice using a 1/2 in copper plumbing splice and some gorilla tape. It was late Saturday and I had to drive it Sunday-well before the replacement part arrived.

Worked fine and I noticed no real difference between it and the new replacement part.

Quick Reply: AOS breather/vacuum hose