Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Issue: Regulator No, Motor No, Console Switch No...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 06:37 PM
996roadtrip
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Window Issue: Regulator No, Motor No, Console Switch No...

What’s up everyone, my wife’s Boxster seems to have a bug I can’t track down. The P side window decided it wanted to stay down the other day and after putting in a new regulator, testing the motor, the console switch, and the fuses it’s still not wanting to work. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Brock-
Old 10-17-2020, 04:33 PM
996roadtrip
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so problem solved. After going though all the possible issues I came to believe it had to be in the wiring, Sure enough the box where all the wires come through the body and into the door had been storing some water at some point which led to total erosion of one of the connectors. $7 for a box of connectors and another 15 minutes. window power problem solved. But now the new issues is both windows so not want close up all of the way. The are both stopping about 4 inches from the top and the passenger window is dropping down too far. Anyone have a solution for this? I have tried the reset procedures multiple times.

Cheers,

Brock-
Old 10-21-2020, 07:13 PM
Black Forest
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P window stuck down

My issue is similar. Passenger window won't go back up. Bought used motor and it turns both directions on the ground. Hook up regulator it works fine. Mount it in door it won't go up even without glass. It will turn down as loneg as I push the switch but when I push up it turns for about 10 seconds then stops. Thoughts? Oh and even put in new regulator. Same results.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:19 PM
Black Forest
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have the part number handy?

Quick Reply: Window Issue: Regulator No, Motor No, Console Switch No...