Sponsored by:

Bumper Stops/pads rear.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 11:59 PM
Turboflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper Stops/pads rear.

They come off so easy I am surprised someone hasent made a color match set available, carbon fiber, something, Tec or after market. I never have liked those ugly black bumps. Are all the bumpers the same Euro and U.S. Maybe a cover up piece? I think someone painted theirs to match. They looked very nice. Who was that. I would like to at least do that.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:49 AM
cliang
Instructor

I met one guy who sent his bumperettes to Bumper Plugs to have them painted the same color as his car. They looked very good. If I didn't use my car as a daily driver, I'd consider it also.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah...try bumperplugs.com. There are many who are happy with his work!
Old 03-18-2004, 09:43 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would like to get rid of mine altogether. Can I remove those brackets without issue? Then I can have someone craft me a cover piece or just order a Euro rear bumper.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Turboflyer
Pro

I looked at that as well. I couldnt see the attachment hidden by the muffler and heat pad. That would be my first choice as well. How about a color matched piece that bolts in the place of the pads and serves as a real license plate holder or frame. What would be real nice is a molded section that filled the entire hole with the plate recessed back nice and cool looking.
Sure as you remove the DOT require pads you will get rear ended and your insurance company will disallow the damage because you altered the bumper. Happens in avation all the time (no bumper of course), not sure how regular auto insurance is.

Quick Reply: Bumper Stops/pads rear.