Sponsored by:

Car Stalls while idling

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 12:08 AM
John Sampson
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
I suspect a faulty crankshaft position sensor.

As per Pedro Bonilla (Pedro's Board)
"Try disconnecting the sensor and spraying electrical cleaner on the connector and the plug.

The crankshaft position sensor located on the right side of the engine, next to the bell housing, just in front of the AOS.
You need to remove the right rear tire/wheel to see it and the best way to remove, clean or replace is from underneath.
It's not terribly difficult to do, but the part is several hundred dollars, so you need to be sure that it is bad otherwise ...
You'll need to disconnect it first and free the wire. Then just one Allen head bolt holds it in place. But to get to that bolt you'll need a really long extension (18" minimum) with the allen tip (IIRC it's a 4 mm hex)"
I thought the same. I ordered it and replaced that. Still had similar problems. I was really hoping that was it! lol
Old 04-06-2020, 04:15 AM
Weazer
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 130 Posts

The couple of times I have experienced fuel pump failures, the car has started normally then dies when it reaches operating temperature, so its a temperature sensitive condition. Try swapping the relay first, cheap and easy, then focus on the pump.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:56 AM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 221 Likes on 167 Posts

I agree with Weazer on the relay. You folks in the US have cheap, easy access to aftermarket relays for less than $10. Given the cost of shipping, related customers fees, and the poor exchange rate, I've ordered one from my local Porsche dealership as a safe measure and will be replacing it when it arrives.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:21 AM
mmm951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by John Sampson
I thought the same. I ordered it and replaced that. Still had similar problems. I was really hoping that was it! lol
When your car is cold and starts up it immediately goes into closed loop operation with a set air/fuel mixture - your car seems to run fine. Once it warms up and switches over to open loop operation with the MAF regulating the air/fuel mixture, it seems you are having issues - it regulates fuel flow via the computer with how much air it detects. Try cleaning off your MAF and see if that helps. If it does, then replace it.

Quick Reply: Car Stalls while idling