Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any good DIY on fixing washer leak?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 01:24 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Any good DIY on fixing washer leak?

Washer fluid leak (the nozzle for one of the front headlight washers popped right off) - but not really sure the culprit of the leak itself.

Any good DIY guides for removing the front bumper / steps to fix the headlight washer system?

Any tips from others who have done work on the system or best place to source parts? Pelican Parts? Other good sources?

Not a critical fix as I rarely need washer fluid for the car but I would like to get it 100%.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:15 PM
paulofto
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Washer fluid leak (the nozzle for one of the front headlight washers popped right off) - but not really sure the culprit of the leak itself.

This is a common problem and unfortunately the ***** themselves aren't the issue but the socket they go into. They crack and cannot hold the ball any longer. Also the sockets themselves are not available as separate item so the entire assembly has to be replaced to the tune of about $250 each. Me, I just removed the fuse so I can't inadvertently trigger them. I'll replace them both one day when I win the lottery!

Any good DIY guides for removing the front bumper / steps to fix the headlight washer system?

Front bumper removal is not difficult but a little tedious. Go to Pelican's website and do search of their DIY's and you'll find a good review there. Good idea to do this every couple of years to clean out the loads of crap gathered in and around the radiators and A/C condensors.

Any tips from others who have done work on the system or best place to source parts? Pelican Parts? Other good sources?

Not a critical fix as I rarely need washer fluid for the car but I would like to get it

Quick Reply: Any good DIY on fixing washer leak?