Sponsored by:

Need a pre purchase inspection in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2019 | 05:46 PM
Redsteel
Intermediate

Default Need a pre purchase inspection in Seattle

Hi all and happy holidays,
any suggestion for anyone who can do a decent pre- purchase inspection in Seattle?
thank you very much
Old 12-29-2019 | 12:18 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Being that this is the Boxster sub-forum, and while it may seem obvious, I have to ask which vehicle are you looking to have inspected? This would help other members point you in the right direction.

Off the top of my head, Chris Powell and his team at Chris' German Auto have served the Seattle Porsche community for many years. I used his PPI service over 7 years ago on a 996, and was happy with the results and process. I ended up not buying the vehicle as the estimated repairs would have cost over $6000 (both parts and labour,) and the seller would not budge on price (the vehicle required a lot of overdue maintenance.)

There is also Squire's Autowerke, which is now owned by Jason Williams, who decided to take over the shop from Squire himself, and after 11 years with Chris. Both shops have excellent reputations, and great to work with. I have no personal experience with Squire's on any PPIs, but they've always given me sound advice on what to look for, and knew the local Porsche community very well in the Seattle area. Hope that helps, and best of luck!

Last edited by bcrdukes; 12-29-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-29-2019 | 03:06 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

I 2nd the recommendation for Chris, he was in Jake Raby's 1st M96 engine rebuild class with me in 2010.
Old 01-03-2020 | 12:02 AM
Redsteel
Intermediate

Thank you guys - I appreciate the help

Quick Reply: Need a pre purchase inspection in Seattle