Sponsored by:

Used 99 Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Radman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used 99 Boxster

I may have an opportunity to purchase a used 99 Boxster with ~80k. I plan on running a carfax and getting a PPI done.

Anything specific to look for to determine if I should even spend the $ on the PPI?Basically, are there any signs to look for that would scream Run Away!?

Any problems specific to 99's?

Can anyone recommend a shop to get a PPI done in Atlanta, preferably the west side?

Any additional comments, suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 02-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would think if it's gone 80k it's well past some of the "normal" things that might go wrong with an early Boxster (RMS leak, terminal motor failure). So I would focus on the typical things you might expect in any car with 80k miles. Check the service history. Consider the overall condition of the interior and all the little bits (this is often reflective of how well the p.o. took care of the car). Check the top for wear, not just external/visual but does it still go up and down in about 13 seconds? (If not, the motors could be going) How tight does the clutch feel? Does the motor feel strong?

Overall the Boxsters are proving quite reliable, so you should be able to determine if it's worth a PPI just by giving it a thorough going over yourself. Then let your PPI mechanic fill you in on other stuff.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Used 99 Boxster