Speedometer/abs fix

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 12:29 AM
davidrogers92
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer/abs fix

98 2.5L Boxster 111,000 miles

Alright guys this is my first Porsche/ European car.

im a dyi-er and originally got this car as a quick flip in a trade.

the speedometer/odometer quit working after I test drove it.

the rear spoiler light, abs, brake wear light, CEL, top lights are on.

I ran the codes and came up with P1128, P0453, P0150, P0160, P0130, P1117, P1121, P0501.

PO said speedometer and radio quit working after he removed battery to charge it up, radio no big deal just called dealer and got the code.

read in a thread that P0501 code is abs sensor for left rear and could be why speedo quit. so I check it with my ohms meter and both rear read the same at 1.43 ohms. While I had it jacked I was gonna check the VSS on transmission and couldn’t locate it.

took covers off to clean the MAF but found the J shaped tube was loose on throttle body that went to the horn looking box on passenger side of engine. I assumed that would create a massive air leak triggering all the other codes.

checked the abs module and nothing stands out so put it back together.

checked all fuses with continuity tester all were good. Haven’t been able to locate a relay box yet.

had to hurry and get it back together before the rains hit and please forgive my grammar as I’m horrible at remembering what part is what if I don’t work on it regularly. All I’ve worked on was American or Japanese cars and was always able to get a Haynes repair manual for assistance which seems to be none existent for these cars.

As always any and all help/ comments are greatly appreciated
Old 04-22-2024, 05:04 PM
tcook2727
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever find a fix for this? I believe I have the same issue right now?

Quick Reply: Speedometer/abs fix