Ferrari Air horn for your Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 07:41 PM
porsche1662
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ferrari Air horn for your Porsche

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=77839

I had this installed on my Boxster today, and it sounds fantastic !!! I just ordered another one for my 928. It makes your cars horn sound just like a Ferrari. If you have ever heart that sweet sound before, you know what I mean. I had an actually Ferrari air horn and compressor installed on my Toyota Supra 18 years ago and it sounded great but cost about $400.00+. It was pretty complicated with all the tubing. This on from Griots is an easy install self contained unit. I wish I had a way to record this and put it on this Post.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never heard a Ferrari air horn, and not sure if I would use it, I gues I have to hear one first.

make a wave file for us.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last year after being backed up into by a truck that could not see me I put in a set of air horns before the body shop put the new bumper cover on. I added the air horns, so I still have the original electric horns. There was plenty of room on my 2.5. I made a bracket and the trumpets and compressor are mounted where the third radiator would be.

Would like to know how you did it on the S since you have the third radiator. A few local guys with Ss want to do the same. A picture would be nice if you have one. Jeff
Old 02-18-2004, 02:48 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those air horns have nothing in common with Ferrari. If you want authentic Ferrari factory air horns, you should look at this. Or, you could save yourself a bundle, and buy essentially the same horns without the Prancing Horse from JCWhitney. They are not difficult to install.

Quick Reply: Ferrari Air horn for your Porsche