Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flashing 4th and D Tiptronic

Old 04-23-2019, 03:42 PM
chim_chim
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to sammie
your reply is full of information and detail. The forum should be thankful. I would like to cross post this into some other forums for the greater good, assuming that's ok.
Thank you for the time you took in compiling. I found it VERY helpful.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:42 PM
angmarti
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the information. I'm experiencing exactly the same issue and need to replace the ATF wiring harness. What does it take? Can it be done without taking down the transmission? Thanks
Old 07-02-2019, 10:38 AM
sammie
User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If by taking down the transmission you mean removing the gearbox from the car, no it is not necessary.
You just need to remove the oil pan to access and change over the harness. Obviously drain as much fluid as possible beforehand.
Trust all goes well for you.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:44 PM
hbrewer
User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How often should the harness in the transmission be changed, getting ready to change the oil, would be a good time while the pan is off, or can you just change the connector seals where it comes out of transmission.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: