Sponsored by:

Installed Immobilizer Waterproof Case

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 07:49 PM
sequel95
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Installed Immobilizer Waterproof Case

I ordered the Specialized ECU Repair case for my 2001 S. Very nice kit with just about everything needed to install the case. Took me about an hour. I had my door panels off to chase down water getting in and soaking the door carpet under the speakers.

Used Permatex Silicone to seal the door membranes after a mechanic who replaced the window regulators failed to seal it afterwards.

My ECU board was in perfect shape. No water has gotten into the ECU.
Attached Images       
Old 04-04-2019, 09:16 PM
Brian in Tucson
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice! I want one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-...Ce8M#vi-ilComp
Old 05-03-2019, 11:48 AM
Richard Flores
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes I just did mine also while I was getting the seats redone. Great kit and well worth the peace of mind.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:11 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Still need to keep the body water drains clear so the water doesn't collect and overflow. That water proof housing may not as a water proof as you think.

Also, the water can get into other areas.

And you have to keep an eye on the doors for any signs of wetness. While the security system has some protection against water the inside of the door, the dry side has only the membrane and if the door bottoms are damp this is a sign the membrane has failed and should be replaced.

Water in the dry side of the car can result in door and window gremlins but if left unaddressed these gremlins can migrate to other areas which can result in a wild and expensive goose chase as one is looking in the wrong area for the source of the problem.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:05 AM
sequel95
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Macster. We've had a lot of rain this week in Milwaukee and no water under my door speakers. The Permatex silicone smell is finally going away! Next project is to remove top again and locate the seam that seems to be slapping against the headliner (above my head) at highway speeds.

Quick Reply: Installed Immobilizer Waterproof Case