Sponsored by:

Interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 08:53 PM
mackgoo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Interior

What's a full leather interior look like. I guess my real question is what does the dash look like? Is it smooth or puckered?
Old 02-03-2004, 10:35 PM
porsche1662
Racer

Not much different. The only thing that would pucker, is your *** from what you had to pay for it.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Pwilliams
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It is smooth like that in the 996, the edge of the top of the instrament cluster will have a seam and stiching. I've heard of shrinking and cracking over time. My dad has a 86' carrera with full leather he has had since new with only 70,000 miles. It is always parked in the garage and has shrinkage of the dash, most prominate around the windsheild defroster & ac vents. The 82 911SC he had had the same problem. Excellence magazine had a project boxster they had for a couple of years with the leather dash which after a short time had evidence of shrinking. My boxster has the partial leather (seat faces, shift boot, steering wheel rim) and has no problems.

It is a costly option that you probably won't regain @ resale and will probably detract from the appeal due to the buckling and shrinkage.

Just my observations.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:57 AM
ettsn
Pro

For a differing opinion, I have full leather on my 986S and it looks worlds better than the cars with partial leather. It gives the dash and console the appearance befitting a car of it's caliber.

Go to your dealer and compare them for yourself. To me, the full leather car simply looked the part.

-Paul

Quick Reply: Interior