Sponsored by:

2000 Boxster S widebody-- good buy??

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 11:22 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Flores
I found a shop that can perform a PPI at reasonable rate and there checklist to be very thorough. RAC Performance. Got them off the board be searching and they are nearby. If the dealer goes down on price then I will get the PPI done. The dealer doesnt deal with exotic cars or even car.. they are a truck dealer so they believe that this car is worth $$$. the tradein value is worth about $7500.00 on kbb for stock car.
Even a truck dealer can be aware of what the car is worth. Auction sites allow members to view nationwide auction results and the truck dealer is well aware the car's trade in value is $7500 or whatever it is. Whatever it is that is all the dealer has in the car so if you believe the car worth owning at around $7500 is where you start.

'course, like I touched upon earlier the car is a halo car and as such the dealer has no real incentive to come down in price. The car's flooring cost is minimal. (When first shopping for a Boxster I came upon an S in a local Nissan dealership along with a M-B SLK. These were both on raised platforms in located in the center of the dealer's show room floor and were there to provide some glamor/sparkle in an otherwise pretty mundane setting. I mean a Nissan dealer circa 2002. About the only excitement on the showroom floor was when someone spotted a dime laying on the floor.)

It is even possible after a while if the car doesn't sell the dealer just hauls it back to the auction facility and auctions it off for around what it has in it. At the same time the dealer may then pick up another "halo" car.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Richard Flores
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

well I did find another car that is out of state. Has service records and IMS bearing replaced etc.. In very good condition and cheaper than the original car I posted. Mileage is higher (88k) but the car has been maintained and records kept etc.. so at least I know.

Waiting for a service report that he is doing tomorrow and then negotiate a bit on price since I have to ship it. Then get an official PPI. Hope to get it done next week.

Anyone have recommend shop to do PPI near Greenville, SC?
Old 05-03-2019, 11:56 AM
Richard Flores
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

well to close out this thread.. I bought the car that was out of state. Engine is good condition as per PPI. Had it shipped and working on my upgrades i.e. audio upgrade, getting seats redone, and other minor stuff. Below pic of car at upholstery shop.

Love the car!!

Quick Reply: 2000 Boxster S widebody-- good buy??