Old 09-02-2018, 06:55 PM
JRMiller92
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CANT FIND INFO ON THIS ISSUE ANYWHERE!! AC PROBLEM 1999 986 Boxster

1999 Porsche Boxster
2.5 flat six
80k miles

I have been doing someone research into this problem and I haven’t been able to find a single article or video that address this issue so I made this account on here in hopes that someone on the great community of Rennlist can help me!
Whenber I start my car up with NO AC on it runs and drives perfectly normal BUT whenever I turn my AC ON, the car begins to let out smoke from the front drivers side tire\fender well area. It also has a smell to it that I’m having a hardback time describing. And ALSO there appears to be a very low volume hiss that goes on whenever the AC is going. There is a slow dripping leak from behind the tire as well. The fluid is clear and doesn’t have a smell.
Once I turn the AC OFF, the car will slowly stop emitting the smoke. I’m no mechanic by a long shot but, could it be that some kind of AC line has a hole in it and it’s spraying fluid out and some is leaking through bottom behind the wheel and the other is hitting hot metal/parts and burning into condensation/light smoke that I am seeing????
Also the hiss could be from the fluid spraying out of a hole in the line/hose.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OR PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THAT YOU CAN!
THANK YOU
PS: I can email a video of the smoke and a picture of the small leak from behind the same tire as well!!

Quick Reply: CANT FIND INFO ON THIS ISSUE ANYWHERE!! AC PROBLEM 1999 986 Boxster