Sponsored by:

Need help with Key/Remote...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Jim 'n' SC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Key/Remote...

The key has buttons for door locks, front & rear trunks. The rubber covering the buttons is worn out. I put in a new battery and the red light comes on sometimes but nothing works. I don't want to pay $500 to the dealer for a new one. Any ideas?
Old 07-07-2018, 05:01 PM
boisenelson
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 131 Posts

You could try replacing the case with a cheap one from eBay. I had the same issue with one of the keys for my 986. The rubber buttons were worn and the trunk would not open with the key. I bought an inexpensive new case and just placed those on my existing key and guts, and it worked fine. My assumption was that the button contact was not making the connection to the circuit board when pressed. A cheap and easy first step before investing in a replacement unit and if it does not work, at least you have a backup case on hand if one gets damaged in the future.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:19 AM
smuko
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can help you with this problem ,I can learn again key fob if is software problem between PAS and transmitter key ,I can do new learning procedure ,I need only PAS unit and not working key ,or if is key transmitter totaly damaged I can learn another one (used, ebay for example) .For another question contact me on email smuko@brizzard.net
Best regards
Old 07-08-2018, 12:51 PM
spark1
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I had the same issue on one of my keys. Changed battery, red light comes on but didn't work. Upon closer examination of the button switches on the inner board had a rubbery film that was making stick. Cleaned the film off the switches with q-tips. Works great now.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:53 PM
smuko
Intermediate

Yes this case can be too, but in many cases help only doing new reprogram or change key fob .
Old 07-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Jim 'n' SC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks smuko I'll try that. Bought a new shell and installed a new battery and the red light flashes now when I press the buttons, but locks don't work.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:40 AM
paulofto
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

One of my fobs is doing the exact thing. The other works fine. Both flash exactly the same but only one activates the locks and trunks. I'm subscribing to this thread in hopes someone can help solve the issue.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:32 PM
smuko
Intermediate

No problem I can help I need only PAS unit and no working key ,you can send it by parcel service . For more question contact me on my mail smuko@brizzrad.net

Quick Reply: Need help with Key/Remote...