Sponsored by:

Best Boxster on the Board IV

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 01:20 PM
yoseif
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Boxster on the Board IV

Over on Porsche Pete's Boxster Board we're having the annual Best Boxster on the Board photo contest. This is its fourth year. You have until Jan 16 to submit your entries.

Once again we have some great prizes to give out thanks to the generous contribution of the sponsors. Please make sure to visit their pages.

Here is the schedule:

Entries due by: Jan 16, 2004
Voting: Jan 18, 2004 to Jan 30, 2004
Results: Feb 2, 2004

Yoseif

Best Boxster on the Board IV
Old 01-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Yoseif,

It's too bad that contest isn't open to everyone. Last year a certain user wasn't allowed to enter their spectacular photos of their unique Boxster. Then again I guess that's why it is simply the best boxster on ppbb and not best Boxster photo on the web or something much larger like the People's Choice award at the German Autofest, etc.

Maybe someday PPBB will open up and become a better website where ideas can be shared freely and good sources of information aren't removed limiting users there to what they could achieve....

thanks for sharing though!
Old 01-06-2004, 01:13 PM
FXHottie
Intermediate

Why wouldn't PPBB allow anyone to post? If you ask me, that's just "bananas"
Old 01-06-2004, 01:40 PM
yoseif
Intermediate

Ghost Rider,

I know that some fruity people have been banned from PPBB, but I have never rejected a submission to the Best Boxster on the Board contest. The contest is focused around PPBB, but is open to anyone who follows the submission guidelines.

If Mr. Chiquita wants to submit a picture then he is free to.

Yoseif
Old 01-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Yoseif,

There is not point in re-hashing this, but even the co-sysops of PPBB agree that the supreme dictator took things too far last year. As for the contest, last year Mr. Chiquita tried to submit something and it was rejected and not allowed in the contest. The same way any post made by any member, no matter how helpful or who that points to information on Mr. Chiquita's website is immediately deleted from PPBB buy the supreme dictator. Mr. Chiquita hasn't taken any Boxster pictures in the last year so the point is moot. The fact still remains that last year's contest wasn't exactly "fair" when entries are removed by those in control.

BTW, on a nother subject, a local friend of mine just ordered one of the 50th anniversary speedster-boxsters and he was able to order the interior in grey because he couldn't find any good close up pictures of the brown being offered. Do you have any on your site I can send him to?
Old 01-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Originally posted by FXHottie
Why wouldn't PPBB allow anyone to post? If you ask me, that's just "bananas"
I don't know, but don't you need to OWN a Porsche to post here?
Old 01-07-2004, 03:43 PM
FXHottie
Intermediate

So how many posts did you make here while you were "Porsche deprived"? If that's a sin, then you're Jimmy Swaggart!
Old 01-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

I think having a Porsche on order qualifies you doesn't it?

vs. say not owning one and not having one on order...
Old 01-08-2004, 03:45 AM
HBacura
Racer

There are a few members that I've seen post on here that don't own a Porsche yet. I know I was lurking for a month or two before buying my Boxster before I signed up.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

HBacura,

FXHottie and I aren't serious, it is just that I personally know the guy posting as FXHottie and he sold his Porsche last year, so I'm just giving him a hard time back as he is giving me. I really don't care if people posting here own a Porsche or not, just firing back that when I didn't have one I had one on order.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:06 PM
HBacura
Racer

Originally posted by Ghost Rider
HBacura,

FXHottie and I aren't serious, it is just that I personally know the guy posting as FXHottie and he sold his Porsche last year, so I'm just giving him a hard time back as he is giving me. I really don't care if people posting here own a Porsche or not, just firing back that when I didn't have one I had one on order.
O, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up
Old 01-08-2004, 04:20 PM
FXHottie
Intermediate

Ghost, if you had a Porsche on order, then why would you have posted this on May 28 2003, several months after you sold your Boxster?

I have checked around to all of the Porsche dealerships within 500 miles of me and have found about 8 SY 911's, C2s C4Ss and a Targa. None of the dealers want to come close to Invoice on a C4S, the Targa hasn't gotten back to me yet, and a couple want 2K over Invoice on the C2's. Maybe these guys aren't feeling the pain enough yet??? Maybe later this summer???
I'm sure Porsche ownership isn't a prerequisite to post on this site, so this doesn't matter anyway.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Research into trying to get the best price and also trying to work a swap deal between 3 dealerships to speed up the process, alas it didn't work, but oh well....

Don't you have some 4x4 posting to do somewhere???
Old 01-08-2004, 07:10 PM
FXHottie
Intermediate

Probably so. I did see my old car last night, still looks great with the exception of a heinous door ding on the right front fender. New owner has put about 8k on the car in his first year, and almost 2k of that was when he loaned it to his brother.

Freakin' useless garage queen!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Yeah you need to get out there and git ya one of them thar Cay-annes...

Speaking of which is there anyone on the 4x4 sites you frequent that has souped one up or put it through some serious rock crawlin...

Quick Reply: Best Boxster on the Board IV