Sponsored by:

ABS wiring repair kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 12:24 AM
trygve
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ABS wiring repair kit

I've had intermittent ABS error warnings on my '98 Spec Boxster for a while. The error codes move around to different corners of the car, usually indicating a ground circuit fault. New sensors / swapping sensors has not helped, so I believe some part of the ABS wiring has been damaged while working on suspension r&r.

I now have the Porsche ABS wiring repair kits in hand for the front L & R wiring. They have the sensor connectors at one end, and 4 bare wires (ABS & brake wear sensor signals) at the other, plus solder+crimp connectors and heat shrink. The L & R lengths are a bit different (longer R), so it looks to me like they are both meant to end on the driver side next to the battery / behind the shock top mount hole. It makes sense to me that splicing would occur here, just before the L & R bundles join the the big many-wires bundle that goes through the wall to the frunk and ABS unit connector (numerous other wires are that bundle, like for the L headlight, etc.)

Can anyone confirm or advise whether I'm on the right path regarding where to splice the wiring in? Thanks!

Quick Reply: ABS wiring repair kit