Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjusting window height

Trying to adjust driver window height to help close
Old 03-30-2018, 12:09 PM
Brian in Tucson
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

See the writeup with fig 6. https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart..._Regulator.htm
Old 02-28-2024, 01:52 PM
byroncheung
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson
Hi @Brian in Tucson I'm trying to adjust window height (997.2) to get rid of wind noise (rear portion of driver window not high enough to meet rubber seal), got couple of questions:

1. There are 4 holes at the bottom of the door, 2 height adjustment screws (one is one of the 2 holes at the front of the door and the other is the one of 2 at the rear of the door), I thought maybe one of them adjust the front height and the other adjust the rear height, but seems like actually they both effect the height of the front and rear of the window? what are the differences in them?
2. anti-clock wise is supposed to raise the windows and clockwise suppose to lower. If I turn it 6-12 turns or so it will raise the window a bit (maybe 3mm or so) but looks like if i turn further it has no effect or maybe even lower the window a bit, is that expected? Also is it possible for the screw to come out if I keep turning anti-clockwise or there is an anchor to prevent that? I was worrying to put in too many turns to experiment, afraid that the screw might come out and hard to put back in.

Quick Reply: adjusting window height