Explanation of front camber adjustment - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Explanation of front camber adjustment

Old 03-07-2018, 06:28 PM
ChubbMUK
New User

Default Explanation of front camber adjustment

Hello,
Can someone with a mechanics knowledge of 986s explain how the front strut mount should operate from a servicing perspective, in good condition? My car is a 2000 986 S and I bought it used, I intended to do the repairing myself and realise I'm over my head but I do research before beginning jobs and I have Bentley service manual and YouTube as reference. Today I saw rust on the nut and strut (head bolt?) whatever you would call it beneath the cap. I wasn't able to loosen the nuts and slide the position to anything new....seemed fused perhaps. Should this be easy? I only looked at the front right today, check the left tomorrow.

ALL help appreciated.

-ChubbMUK
Old 03-11-2018, 10:53 PM
butzigear
Former Vendor

The top nuts shouldn't be too hard to remove. If they have lots of corrosion use a penetrating oil like pb blaster and let them soak, then try to remove them again. Worst case you can carefully try an impact gun, but don't go nuts because you can potentially snap the studs. If you need more help or even some good replacement parts, let me know. Feel free to shoot me a message.

Cheers!
Old 03-19-2018, 11:26 PM
NewArt
Addict
Rennlist Member

My video on Youtube might clarify things a bit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Explanation of front camber adjustment

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: