Explanation of front camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 05:28 PM
ChubbMUK
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Explanation of front camber adjustment

Hello,
Can someone with a mechanics knowledge of 986s explain how the front strut mount should operate from a servicing perspective, in good condition? My car is a 2000 986 S and I bought it used, I intended to do the repairing myself and realise I'm over my head but I do research before beginning jobs and I have Bentley service manual and YouTube as reference. Today I saw rust on the nut and strut (head bolt?) whatever you would call it beneath the cap. I wasn't able to loosen the nuts and slide the position to anything new....seemed fused perhaps. Should this be easy? I only looked at the front right today, check the left tomorrow.

ALL help appreciated.

-ChubbMUK
Old 03-11-2018, 09:53 PM
butzigear
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The top nuts shouldn't be too hard to remove. If they have lots of corrosion use a penetrating oil like pb blaster and let them soak, then try to remove them again. Worst case you can carefully try an impact gun, but don't go nuts because you can potentially snap the studs. If you need more help or even some good replacement parts, let me know. Feel free to shoot me a message.

Cheers!
Old 03-19-2018, 10:26 PM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

My video on Youtube might clarify things a bit.

Quick Reply: Explanation of front camber adjustment