Sponsored by:

Door Lock Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 12:10 PM
bmischle
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Lock Issues

I am unable to lock the doors on my '99 986. The doors attempt to lock then the horn beeps twice and the doors don't lock. If I put the key in the door and hold it in the lock position for about 3 seconds, the driver door lock but the passenger does not, and the horn beeps twice. I got a Durametric and got the following error codes:

46 - control locking synchronization
60 - central locking limit position lock not reached
58 - tank servo motor not energized despite relay activation

Answers I have found regarding these codes have been rather vague and not very helpful. Does anyone have an idea as to the culprit for these codes? Thank you!
A couple other notes are that the interior lights don't shut off when the doors are closed, and there is no issue with the windows dropping down when opening the doors.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:44 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by bmischle
I am unable to lock the doors on my '99 986. The doors attempt to lock then the horn beeps twice and the doors don't lock. If I put the key in the door and hold it in the lock position for about 3 seconds, the driver door lock but the passenger does not, and the horn beeps twice. I got a Durametric and got the following error codes:

46 - control locking synchronization
60 - central locking limit position lock not reached
58 - tank servo motor not energized despite relay activation

Answers I have found regarding these codes have been rather vague and not very helpful. Does anyone have an idea as to the culprit for these codes? Thank you!
A couple other notes are that the interior lights don't shut off when the doors are closed, and there is no issue with the windows dropping down when opening the doors.
Based on the behavior you report (and my experience with my 2002 Boxster) it reads like the passenger door lock assembly/controller is at fault. Maybe. With my car the passenger window would often fail to drop when the door handle was pulled. Or worse, it would drop when the handle was pulled and remain down when the door was opened but after a few moments would go back up again.

The door lock assembly/controller is reached by removing the door panel.

The battery should be disconnected. Before you disconnect the battery if the radio requires a code be entered to enable the radio's function be sure you get the radio code from the radio *before* you disconnect the battery. Also, before you disconnect the battery be sure you turn off the ignition and remove the key from the igntion before you disconect the battery. After you disconnect the battery wait some time.

The problem is the assembly/controller is not cheap. So before you replace it you want to be sure. When I had my car in for what proved to be the door lock assembly/controller the tech used the Porsche diagnostic computer to retrieve error codes and did some other things to see if the problem could be due to some other (less expensive) hardware, like the door latch switch, but in the end his efforts just confirmed it was the door lock assembly/controller.

Quick Reply: Door Lock Issues