Sponsored by:

PCNA 986 Boxster Order Guide for the 1997 Model Year

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 02:11 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts
Default PCNA 986 Boxster Order Guide for the 1997 Model Year

During some weekend garage cleaning I came across this complete PCNA Boxster Order Guide for the 1997 model year. I suspect it's been posted here before, but I couldn't find it after a cursory search.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Old 09-15-2017, 12:48 PM
hushypushy
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That's super cool, thanks for sharing
Old 09-26-2017, 05:34 PM
jtt99
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for posting this order guide, brings back some good memories of when I ordered my '97 in January of that year. Funny story short, I decided to order the special leather trimmed floor mats shown at the bottom of page 9. My car was built in late March and I was informed that it was being held in the back lot at the plant because they were having QC issues with the special floor mats and it would probably be a few months before the car was released. Being German they would not do something realistic like ship the car less the mats and send them latter so I was frustrated. Fortunately I had met the head of Marketing in Stuttgart a few months earlier (he was a US citizen) and he told me if I had any questions or problems to contact him and he gave me his business card. So I sent him a nice letter via fax (no email at that time) and within two days my dealer called and told me my car was being released and they wanted to know what I had done because my car was elevated to VIP Status. I just told them you just need to know the right people.
PS I still have the car and doubt I will ever sell it.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:20 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

^^^^ Great story! Always good to have friends in high places. Glad to hear you still have your car.

I had a source who could provide me with Order Guides back in the day and I used to collect them for all Porsche models. They're a great source of reference showing all available options, prices, colors offered, etc. So many countless hours spent pouring through them creating hypothetical dream builds. Of course, now those hours are spent on-line with the configurators, but prior to that these Order Guides were all we had to go on.

Quick Reply: PCNA 986 Boxster Order Guide for the 1997 Model Year