Sponsored by:

718 GT sport wheel to 981

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 05:54 PM
mitch48
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 718 GT sport wheel to 981

I'm trying to adapt the new, smaller GT sport steering wheel to my 981 Cayman GTS with multi-function wheel. I got a new 718 style wheel with MF buttons from my dealer along with the required smaller airbag, and got the codes I hoped would allow the wheel to function in my car, but no go. The new wheel has two extra wires my car won't accept, and the tech says without some sort of adapter to wire those extra wires into my steering column wiring harness, it won't work, code or no code. Anyone have any advice on how to get this to work?
Old 09-27-2017, 11:37 PM
mitch48
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the standard multi function wheel, not sport, in my 981, didn't really like the sport wheel on the 981 but love the new 718/Macan wheel with the smaller airbag, so that's what I installed, top pic you posted, bottom one is the 981 sport wheel, it's not available with the MF buttons. I'll try to post a pic soon of my wheel.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Kaduku
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mitch48
I'm trying to adapt the new, smaller GT sport steering wheel to my 981 Cayman GTS with multi-function wheel. I got a new 718 style wheel with MF buttons from my dealer along with the required smaller airbag, and got the codes I hoped would allow the wheel to function in my car, but no go. The new wheel has two extra wires my car won't accept, and the tech says without some sort of adapter to wire those extra wires into my steering column wiring harness, it won't work, code or no code. Anyone have any advice on how to get this to work?
Try these guys!

https://gpsadapter.us

Quick Reply: 718 GT sport wheel to 981