Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm going off on my Boxster S 986 (2001)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 09:30 AM
jencon
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm going off on my Boxster S 986 (2001)

HI.. we are currently trying to change the battery on my 986, but we can't get the alarm to stop while we do it.. We have fitted another battery until we charge the current one (just to make sure) and it is now going off intermittently :-(
Any help on how to stop it until we get the new one fitted would be good?
thanks
Old 07-26-2017, 10:59 AM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't have an answer for you

Try posting in 986forum.com
its a much better Boxster forum than here
Old 07-26-2017, 11:26 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 249 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by jencon
HI.. we are currently trying to change the battery on my 986, but we can't get the alarm to stop while we do it.. We have fitted another battery until we charge the current one (just to make sure) and it is now going off intermittently :-(
Any help on how to stop it until we get the new one fitted would be good?
thanks
Changed the battery several times in both my Boxster and my 996 Turbo and never had the alarm go off.

Did you turn off the key and remove the key from the ignition?

Is there perhaps an aftermarket alarm system fitted that detects the loss of battery power and sounds an alarm?

The only alarm problem I've had is once in a great while I have to resort to unlocking the driver door with a key and if I don't insert the key into the ignition and at least turn the key to the on position within 10 seconds after unlocking the door the alarm will sound. If it does sound inserting the key and turning the key to the on position silences the alarm.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:36 AM
jencon
3rd Gear

Default thanks...

Originally Posted by Macster
Changed the battery several times in both my Boxster and my 996 Turbo and never had the alarm go off.

Did you turn off the key and remove the key from the ignition? YES.. I have done it both ways (with in position 1 and not in at all).. still goes off.

Is there perhaps an aftermarket alarm system fitted that detects the loss of battery power and sounds an alarm? No record of anything being fitted in the paperwork, that, of course doesn't mean anything!

The only alarm problem I've had is once in a great while I have to resort to unlocking the driver door with a key and if I don't insert the key into the ignition and at least turn the key to the on position within 10 seconds after unlocking the door the alarm will sound. If it does sound inserting the key and turning the key to the on position silences the alarm.
I have tried, pressing the fob, locking and unlocking the door via the lock and also in the ignition to pos1.. after all these attempts it eventually switches off..
Old 07-26-2017, 11:37 AM
jencon
3rd Gear

Default thanks...

Originally Posted by JayG
Don't have an answer for you

Try posting in 986forum.com
its a much better Boxster forum than here
Old 07-27-2017, 12:48 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Meanwhile, temporarily disconnect the alarm horn.It is located next to the battery.

Quick Reply: Alarm going off on my Boxster S 986 (2001)