Notices

where to buy a helmet? recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 02:23 AM
cosmic_993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default where to buy a helmet? recommendations?

Im looking to do more auto-xing next year after 3 outings this past year. whats a good helmet, for auto-x and beginner track day. not looking to spend alot, not more than $300 or so. any recommendations?

also Im SFbay area, where to go to try some on?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:39 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic_993
Im looking to do more auto-xing next year after 3 outings this past year. whats a good helmet, for auto-x and beginner track day. not looking to spend alot, not more than $300 or so. any recommendations?

also Im SFbay area, where to go to try some on?
I actually like the G-Force helmets. IMHO they are hard to beat for the price. They are a bit heavier than the more expensive helmets, however they are great for short AX runs where your neck does not have time to get fatigued.

I can't help you with locations as I purchased my helmet online from OG Racing. I cannot recommend them though as my helmet was defective and they did not stand behind their product.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:31 AM
pwalker
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my Bell M4, full-face, helmet from OGRacing.com. Fair prices, great customer service! There's also saferacer.com. Unfortunately alot of the saftey equipment resellers (with good prices) are online....

Quick Reply: where to buy a helmet? recommendations?