Notices

Cayman or Cayman S for track and autocross

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:54 PM
PedalFaster
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The latest Fastrack contains a clarification to the harness bar rule which makes it more permissive:

Driver restraints as outlined in Section 3.3.1 are allowed. Seats may not be cut to
allow for the installation of alternate seat belts or harnesses. Passive restraint systems may not be removed. A horizontal
“harness bar” may be used as part of the installation hardware for allowed driver restraints provided it has no
more than two attachment points and is bolted at those locations. A “C” type harness bar may also be used. It may
have four bolted attachment points (two primary, and two supporting connections to resist rotation.) Truss type harness
bars are not allowed.
Most harness bars should be legal under the new wording.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 AM
EBacon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soooooo.... If a 2006-2007 Cayman S is nearly impossible to find with PASM, what would I be looking at in aftermarket shocks to be competitive & stay legal for SCCA A-Stock autox? Is it a fool's errand given how integrated & well-sorted the PASM system is? Your tips greatly appreciated as I really want to get things in order for some serious fun in 2010!

Also wondering, without PASM, is the PSM system still almost fully defeatable by the Sport Chrono package? (See http://sccaforums.com/forums/post/390325.aspx for more background on this possibly stupid question.)

Thanks very much! And if you have a delightful Cayman S for sale with PASM & Sport Chrono, please don't hesitate to PM me! I may resort to a wanted ad on PCA Mart at this point....

Cheers,
Liz

Quick Reply: Cayman or Cayman S for track and autocross