Notices

Hoosier A6 help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 288 Posts
Default Hoosier A6 help needed.

After cording my last set after 9 events I mounted a fresh set. A bit slippery the morning of the first event, but that was expected. Afternoon was no better. Yesterday was event 6 and they still feel like an event 8-9 tire. They never delivered the grip that I have felt with all of the other sets that I have run, and my times showed it. I know where I should be with other consistant drivers and this set has put me at a disadvantage. Anybody have experience with this? This set is maybe a month old to me, but they were made almost a year ago according to the stamp on the tire.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:28 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How "old" were your other sets when new? I would think the age could be an issue to begin with.

Where did you cord them? ie, shoulder? from camber? locking them up? nice even wear?

mmm the Hoosier crack pipe
Old 07-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 288 Posts

I don't have build dates for the old tires yet, but the bad set was bought about 6 weeks ago and rears were made in Sept 08. Front set was made over a year ago.
The verdict is in, that last set was just a bad set. Ran a brand new set yesterday, drop shipped direct from Hoosier. Took my division by 2 seconds yesterday, and the only car that ran faster out of the 100+ cars there was one of those open wheel formula cars.

Quick Reply: Hoosier A6 help needed.