PCA membership needed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 02:36 PM
jthwan22
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCA membership needed?

I found a PCA auto X location near me. I only plan to go once this year. Do I need to be a PCA member to play? Do they just charge a higher rate like SCCA?
Old 05-12-2009, 03:54 PM
BGLeduc
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by jthwan22
I found a PCA auto X location near me. I only plan to go once this year. Do I need to be a PCA member to play? Do they just charge a higher rate like SCCA?
It would depend on the region.

My local region (pretty small) charges $5 more for non-members, and we still call it a good day when we have 40 drivers.

Brian
Old 05-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BGLeduc
It would depend on the region.

My local region (pretty small) charges $5 more for non-members, and we still call it a good day when we have 40 drivers.

Brian
+1 on the per-region. My local region charged something small on top two years ago, but last year it was "members only". I'm not sure why, as they only had about 15 entrants anyways, and there's no way I'm paying $70 or whatever it is for a membership just so I can compete in one event.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:46 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scootin159
+1 on the per-region. My local region charged something small on top two years ago, but last year it was "members only". I'm not sure why, as they only had about 15 entrants anyways, and there's no way I'm paying $70 or whatever it is for a membership just so I can compete in one event.

1 year of PCA membership is $42 -

this pays for your National and regional dues.. plus you get Panorama magazine (an excellent Porsche read), your local chapter rag and websites too. For $42, it ain't a bad deal and no worse than other single marque clubs or SCCA for that matter.

Many regions will charge a few bucks more to non members. Some regions check for your membership, others dont.. so if you showed up in a Porsche and "improvised" when asked about being a member, they would likely only charge the member rate.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:38 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our region only requires you be a PCA member or bring a Porsche to the Autocross. My PCA membership also gets me a discount at several local independent shops
Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by kabel_Boxster
Our region only requires you be a PCA member or bring a Porsche to the Autocross. My PCA membership also gets me a discount at several local independent shops
Same here with NCR and NER. Be a member and you can show up with any car you want, non member and show up with a Porsche and you will get in even if you show up the day of the event.

Quick Reply: PCA membership needed?