Notices

2007 SCCA Solo Nationals Championship - Congratulations to Ian Stewart & Peter Lier

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007 | 02:46 AM
ssgt3
AutoX

Rad,

I see you moved out West, so maybe we'll see you at some SOCAL events. I run both Cal Club and San Diego events when possible.

I have not tried running the rear toe at less than .5 degrees since it always feels so good on every surface I run it on (except HPT), but I will definitely test it soon. I like a loose car at an autox, but the problem with the 285 Kumho 710 is it gets hot too easily if you slide it around and then it turns into a sprint car, so we will see. Nationals is different since the HPT surface doesn't build heat in the tires, courses are short and tight, and there is so much time between runs.

Interesting to hear that Fordahl recommended so little toe. I sure wouldn't want to try that setting at a track event, so he must have been talking Solo. Let me know how .25 works, although I would think that your solid bushings and proper toe links would change what you might need relative to a stock class car.

Gary
Old 10-10-2007 | 02:52 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Gary,

If I had known you were going to hang out on Rennlist I wouldn't have posted my specs. Welcome, and I would surely try Greg's reccomendation on rear toe as I think it will free the car up and allow you to get on the power much sooner. The only change I make is when we run good concrete, such as Ft Myers, we run full stiff front and rear. The only caveat is this is for Hoosiers as we have no experience on Kumho's for the last 2 years.

And yes we run .20 degrees total toe in on the rear .10 degrees per side.

Peter
Old 10-11-2007 | 12:34 AM
Dr. Car
Racer

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Gary,

If I had known you were going to hang out on Rennlist I wouldn't have posted my specs.
Now that is FUNNY! And I bet you're not quite kidding.
Old 10-12-2007 | 02:51 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Car
Now that is FUNNY! And I bet you're not quite kidding.

James Gunn, who drove Gary's car in ASP in 2006, borrowed my GT3 when the axel broke on Gary's car for the practice. He put his Kumho's on my car and thought it was way to loose. Different strokes for different folks.

Peter
Old 10-12-2007 | 04:51 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

James Gunn, who drove Gary's car in ASP in 2006, borrowed my GT3 when the axel broke on Gary's car for the practice. He put his Kumho's on my car and thought it was way to loose. Different strokes for different folks.

Peter
Thanks for posting that, Peter.

I was looking at your alignment and thinking you've really got to be on top of the car with a setup like that. Especially with the rear bar at full stiff. Wow. Mine is 2 off full stiff to help control the massive oversteer I had when my rear camber was at -1.8. Now I've bumped up the rear camber to -2.2 so maybe I can put the bar back at 1 off full stiff without spinning all the time. I'd probably get dizzy with the rear bar at full stiff until I had way more seat time like you and Ian.

Cheers,
Old 11-04-2007 | 12:31 AM
TedDBere
5th Gear

Gary,

If I had known you were going to hang out on Rennlist I wouldn't have posted my specs.

Peter
You have got to be careful on the internet, you never know who might be watching....

Quick Reply: 2007 SCCA Solo Nationals Championship - Congratulations to Ian Stewart & Peter Lier