Notices

Autox at Fort Devens, June 23 check in.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 11:09 PM
joekr
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was good. Weather was great but pretty windy. Lisa said that at one point, it was blowing the laptop across the table!

John MacDonald set a great course for us with some interesting and fun elements that we haven't seen bofore. Everyone from Novices to the most experienced drivers loved the course.

We were slow gettng started but after my worst driver's meeting ever--can you spell babbel? me neither! but I sure did a lot of it. Once we got started, the event ran quite smoothly. We had 57 drivers and got our eight runs in.

We had over a dozen novices and just in time for that, I had recruited Mark Schnoerr to be our Novice Captain. He held a Novice Meeting followed by a guided coursewalk. Then he instructed all day along with several guest instructors from the BMW club. I don't think any novice left without a big grin on their face. Mark's grin was as big as any of them.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:55 AM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well what can I say, that was a great event!! The only thing more impressive than the +1 mile course, was the great people that put it on.

Driving distance - 1.45hrs
Lunch - $5.00
Beating a GT3 by 5 seconds - Priceless

I'll come back to run with NCR anyday.

Brgds, Peter
Old 06-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 288 Posts

Did a lot better than my first one. Only went off course twice. Even completed the run where I spun out (had traction control off, he he).
I had a hard time with the cone in the hole. Damn thing kept popping into my peripheral vision and distracting me.
Only clipped one ot two cones too. Cleaned the marks off with paint thinner.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:55 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Mussl,

For the record, I meant the yellow GT3, not you

You're one lucky SOB, that car is absolutely beautiful. I know what you mean about the 'cone in the hole' that 'Tower' section caught everybody out. How do I know? It caught me out and that was my section to work otherwise. The most spectaular spin of the day went to the viper. 500hp vs old old tar mac is a recipe for no traction but nice donuts I was still fighting my carbs but managed to run an 83.041. I was pleased, the ole girl loves to be ridden hard and put away wet. I swear she runs better after a day 'out'.

See you next time, Peter
Old 06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by butzip
Hey Mussl,

For the record, I meant the yellow GT3, not you

You're one lucky SOB, that car is absolutely beautiful. I know what you mean about the 'cone in the hole' that 'Tower' section caught everybody out. How do I know? It caught me out and that was my section to work otherwise. The most spectaular spin of the day went to the viper. 500hp vs old old tar mac is a recipe for no traction but nice donuts I was still fighting my carbs but managed to run an 83.041. I was pleased, the ole girl loves to be ridden hard and put away wet. I swear she runs better after a day 'out'.

See you next time, Peter
Bwahahaha! My best time was 87.??? Gonna miss the 7/14 one but will make all the rest of them.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Greeting from Montreal

This sounds like a complete blast!!!

I stopped by Devon last year with a friend. I think it may have been SCCA running? Anyway, would love to attend this summer with my buddy. I am in a new-to-me 993 and he has a nice new-to-him 968.

Neither of us has tried an autocross (I've done 4 DE's), but would love to try if we could count on pointers/instructions for newbies.

May I ask what the remaining 2007 events look like? Will need to plan in advance but hope to make it.

Cheers~!

Matt Lane
Montreal
Old 06-26-2007, 11:59 PM
joekr
AutoX

Hi Matt,

We have three events remaining--Sunday, July 22; Sunday, August 12; and Sunday, September 16. (You can find the schedule on our website, www.ncr-pca.org While we cannot guarantee you personal instruction, you can pretty much count on getting some help and pointers. We are committed to helping novices. This is why I recruited Mark to be our Novice Captain. He will conduct a short novice meeting followed by a guided course walk for all Novices at every event. We will also do our best to assure you get an instructor for at least some of your runs.

I hope to see you at one of our events!
joe
Old 06-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Thanks Joe. I am looking into the July event and will follow up online.

Cheers!~

Matt
Old 06-29-2007, 03:51 PM
N_Halbert
Rennlist Member

I'm currently trying to get some in car video I have from this weekend up on YouTube. I have one run there but others I tried to upload bounced due to size. I need to find a way to edit them down.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by N_Halbert
I'm currently trying to get some in car video I have from this weekend up on YouTube. I have one run there but others I tried to upload bounced due to size. I need to find a way to edit them down.
Tease!
I pay $25.00/ year for photobucket, a free site. Paying lets me upload larger files faster, and eliminates the freekin pop ups.

I hope to be uploading vids later this season on how NOT to do autox.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:33 PM
N_Halbert
Rennlist Member

So far I have been able to put Run #2 out there. If any one is interested... NCR AutoX#3 Run 2

Actually didn't John open up a posting area in Rennlist.....
Old 07-02-2007, 01:10 AM
N_Halbert
Rennlist Member

Turns out the new cell phone software came with a video editing application that works well for trimming up the vids and converting them to mpg4.
So with out further ado....

NCR AutoX 3 - 2
NCR AutoX 3 - 4 or Not the correct line
NCR AutoX 3 - 7 Fastest run
NCR AutoX 3 - 8 - It's a massacre
Old 07-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Good video.
So that's what it looks like up there.
Nice site, too.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
This sounds like a complete blast!!!

I stopped by Devon last year with a friend. I think it may have been SCCA running? Anyway, would love to attend this summer with my buddy. I am in a new-to-me 993 and he has a nice new-to-him 968.

Neither of us has tried an autocross (I've done 4 DE's), but would love to try if we could count on pointers/instructions for newbies.

May I ask what the remaining 2007 events look like? Will need to plan in advance but hope to make it.

Cheers~!

Matt Lane
Montreal

Matt,
NCR runs a first rate event and there will be plenty of people who will be more then happy to ride with you. Now that my wife's car is back together I might actually make it to an event. Hope to see you at the next one! - Jay
Old 07-03-2007, 03:32 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Is anyone going down to the CVR Hartford AX on Sunday (the 8th)?

Quick Reply: Autox at Fort Devens, June 23 check in.