Notices

PedalFaster> Need your help, Please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 12:29 AM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PedalFaster> Need your help, Please!

Hello Steve!

As a fellow autocrosser for 15 years, I have been competing in ASP with my 99 996 for the last 5 years here in South FL. I have also taken home a Class Win in the P18 Class at Porsche Parade for the last 2 years running. Here in S. FL we have a ton of S2000 drivers showing up each week at the local autocrosses, which is great to see IMHO. I see that you have an S2000, right? If so, I could really use your help on something.

Turns out that there is a driver here in S. FL who owns a S2000 and although he he a decent driver, he has never posed a REAL threat to me and my 996 in ASP. On the other hand, it is no secret that he has put in 4.44 gears in his S2000. I was wondering if this is legal in ASP? Do these gears come from Honda as a Factory option or not? The reason I am asking this is not for myself but for all the other drivers in ASP down here who can not seem to catch this guy. Should he be classified in F-Prepared instead??

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

whether he
Old 08-19-2004, 04:16 AM
PedalFaster
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Rich,

Wow, paged by name.

Yup, I'm currently an S2000 guy. As for your competitor, all years of the S2000 came with a 4.10 final drive. I'm not familiar with what's allowed in SP, but if gear ratio swaps aren't kosher, then neither is he. I'll bet he just didn't know any better, but ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

Good luck...

Steve
Old 08-19-2004, 11:01 AM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

Thanks for the reply!!! So, in other words, there is no option for a new S2000 for 4.44 gears from the Factory, right? Again, thank you very much!
Old 08-19-2004, 02:29 PM
PedalFaster
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct, I should have been clearer. There was no factory option to change gearing for any year of the S2000.

Steve

Quick Reply: PedalFaster> Need your help, Please!