Notices

Solo Events Board

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 09:48 PM
JP4931
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Solo Events Board

I submitted a question back in August concerning the classing of my 2021 Cayman GTS. I asked them to consider allowing my car to run in SST. I was of course denied to run in SST next year. I am not wanting to run SSP since I drive to the events and have no plans to run Hoosiers. Is there another class that my car falls into? I won SS last year with ETR SCCA and wanted to start doing some mods. Nobody locally runs SSP and I do not have any plans to run a National event unless I decide to run Bristol since it is local. I know Mike Kuhn will beat me by five seconds but it would be fun. Here are my current mods and would appreciate any help I can get with classing.

Softronic Tune
DSC Controller
Soul Catted Headers
Soul Valved Exhaust
Akrapovic OAP
Tarett Camber Plates
Apex 19" Wheels
BBI Cage
AP Racing Rotors
Old 12-22-2022, 10:09 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by JP4931
I submitted a question back in August concerning the classing of my 2021 Cayman GTS. I asked them to consider allowing my car to run in SST. I was of course denied to run in SST next year. I am not wanting to run SSP since I drive to the events and have no plans to run Hoosiers. Is there another class that my car falls into? I won SS last year with ETR SCCA and wanted to start doing some mods. Nobody locally runs SSP and I do not have any plans to run a National event unless I decide to run Bristol since it is local. I know Mike Kuhn will beat me by five seconds but it would be fun. Here are my current mods and would appreciate any help I can get with classing.

Softronic Tune
DSC Controller
Soul Catted Headers
Soul Valved Exhaust
Akrapovic OAP
Tarett Camber Plates
Apex 19" Wheels
BBI Cage
AP Racing Rotors
extreme street would be your other choice. Last year you would have been in XA… looks like next year you’ll be in XS, which will probably have the same trouble as ssp, no participation.
The following 2 users liked this post by Auto_Werks 3.6:
DeanClevername (01-29-2023), JP4931 (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 10:13 PM
JP4931
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
extreme street would be your other choice. Last year you would have been in XA… looks like next year you’ll be in XS, which will probably have the same trouble as ssp, no participation.
Thanks! I will look into XS. I have two other friends with similar mods so we can all run XS and have some competition.
The following users liked this post:
Auto_Werks 3.6 (12-25-2022)
Old 12-25-2022, 12:27 AM
burglar
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

This is just pedantic, but your letter went to the STAC. They wrote your response, and sent it up to the SEB. ACs are 5-7 of your fellow competitors who meet once per month, and answer every letter. There's one for each category, except CAM/XS and SSC which are odd offshoots.

If you ask Ryan, us AC members are all the "clueless hacks who know nothing about the sport or cars and write stupid rules."

The SEB rubber stamps about 90% of what the ACs send up. Sometimes they want clarification or minor changes and stamp it on the 2nd try. Rarely, but non-zero, they reject outright. They do give slight direction on occasion but nothing too major.

SEB sends their stuff up to the board of directors (BOD) who give the final approval.
Old 12-25-2022, 02:57 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by burglar
This is just pedantic, but your letter went to the STAC. They wrote your response, and sent it up to the SEB. ACs are 5-7 of your fellow competitors who meet once per month, and answer every letter. There's one for each category, except CAM/XS and SSC which are odd offshoots.

If you ask Ryan, us AC members are all the "clueless hacks who know nothing about the sport or cars and write stupid rules."

The SEB rubber stamps about 90% of what the ACs send up. Sometimes they want clarification or minor changes and stamp it on the 2nd try. Rarely, but non-zero, they reject outright. They do give slight direction on occasion but nothing too major.

SEB sends their stuff up to the board of directors (BOD) who give the final approval.
Man…. He still thought writing a letter might actually *do something for him, I didn’t see any reason to sour him. I think In general people really don’t care to or need to understand the full mechanism of how the club ignores them. He wasn’t even mad, no need to lift the curtain and peek at the wizard.
DeanClevername (01-29-2023)
Old 12-25-2022, 08:42 PM
JP4931
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by burglar

Thanks for the history lesson but you still have not answered my question. You have any words of wisdom on a class I can run in?
Old 12-25-2022, 08:47 PM
JP4931
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
Man…. He still thought writing a letter might actually *do something for him, I didn’t see any reason to sour him. I think In general people really don’t care to or need to understand the full mechanism of how the club ignores them. He wasn’t even mad, no need to lift the curtain and peek at the wizard.
I am not mad at all. I was hoping for maybe some clarification on a class I will fit into. Seems like everyone I have ask just says to run in SSP or XP. Those same people are the ones that told me a write the letter. I had no idea what the process was or that this was even a option. I was just doing what was suggested. I figured there had to be another option for me. Apparently the Autocross on this forum was not the place to ask......
Old 12-25-2022, 10:01 PM
sgreer78
Rennlist Member

Received 689 Likes on 309 Posts

Thanks for the history lesson but you still have not answered my question. You have any words of wisdom on a class I can run in?
SSP, XS
Old 12-25-2022, 10:16 PM
edfishjr
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 108 Posts

- Your question had already been answered correctly
- You may find more people in XS than previously anticipated, thanks to the latest iteration of the X-Street rules
JP4931 (12-26-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 10:45 AM
JP4931
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by edfishjr
- Your question had already been answered correctly
- You may find more people in XS than previously anticipated, thanks to the latest iteration of the X-Street rules
I have no idea what the new XS rules are yet but I will definitely look into this. I’m glad I have another option besides SSP. I do appreciate your help with classing.
Old 12-26-2022, 04:45 PM
edfishjr
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 108 Posts

I have no idea what the new XS rules are yet but I will definitely look into this. I’m glad I have another option besides SSP. I do appreciate your help with classing.
Many cars originally destined for XA or XB are now in XS.
JP4931 (12-31-2022)
Old 01-21-2023, 07:51 PM
CarlJ
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If you can’t find a class…

The following 2 users liked this post by CarlJ:
JP4931 (01-22-2023), RacingChris44 (01-23-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 05:58 PM
WillyDaP
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 153 Posts

New member here, but likely to have your same issue when my Cayman GTS gets here. One question I would ask , since you said you want to drive to your events is how competitive are you concerned with? The reason I ask is like any automotive sport many compete on a Regional level to have fun, hang with friends and be pretty quick, but they use there car as dual purpose. I will be primarily using my GTS for Time Trials and PCA DE, with autocrossing thrown in, so though I will likely go to SSP ( should be larger with the edition of ASP to the Class ) I may consider going with a Goodyear Supercar F1 3R. Sure not the optimal cone killer but likely an okay option since track time will be the first choice.

Another option, one many of us old timers have done, is find a good friend who is active and trailers to events, allowing your second set of rubber donuts go along for the ride. Then you have your Hoosiers and you know you are bringing the " Gold Standard " to the fight.

Quick Reply: Solo Events Board