Notices

Pilot Sport 4S Roll Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2022 | 04:30 PM
Zipper8650
Advanced

Default Pilot Sport 4S Roll Indicator

Afternoon all
I was chalking my tires last season and adjusting pressures accordingly. I was looking for feedback…my goal was around the “A” line…too high? Too low? They don’t have a triangle roll indicator but do have a Bib with a line, is that it?

Old 03-16-2022 | 05:13 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Seems "fine". Maybe provide some more information; camber and alignment, wheel widths, mods, and hot tire pressures. You might get some more meaningful feedback.
Old 03-16-2022 | 05:51 PM
Zipper8650
Advanced

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
Seems "fine". Maybe provide some more information; camber and alignment, wheel widths, mods, and hot tire pressures. You might get some more meaningful feedback.
thanks for the response!

Camber and alignment is stock. Another Cayman driver suggested I max out the stock camber but have not done so (thinking about it, he said it made a big difference). Wheels are 235 in the front 265 in the rear (the picture is of the passenger side rear). Only mods are spacers in the rear (40mm I think, came with the car) and Pedros Techno Brace, suspension is all stock. Hot pressure was 30 up front and 35 in the rear.
Old 03-16-2022 | 07:43 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

That seems reasonable.. You could try to come down a few more psi if you wanted, and see how the car behaves. Rear pressures around or just under 30 for me have been pretty normal. Coming down on the pressure isn't always a handling win though. Sometimes a little extra wear on the shoulder is ok though, if the car is doing something you want it to.

You should indeed max out the front camber and set the toe to 0. There's almost no downside, and it's not really that much camber.

Old 03-17-2022 | 12:12 PM
Zipper8650
Advanced

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
That seems reasonable.. You could try to come down a few more psi if you wanted, and see how the car behaves. Rear pressures around or just under 30 for me have been pretty normal. Coming down on the pressure isn't always a handling win though. Sometimes a little extra wear on the shoulder is ok though, if the car is doing something you want it to.

You should indeed max out the front camber and set the toe to 0. There's almost no downside, and it's not really that much camber.
Appreciate your input, cheers!

Quick Reply: Pilot Sport 4S Roll Indicator