Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Self install of aftermarket head unit 957???

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 07:06 PM
uphoto
Pro

Received 315 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Self install of aftermarket head unit 957???

Love to hear any feedback from people who have installed aftermarket head units into their 955/957 Cayenne's. With the proper equipment is it a fairly easy install? Did you sell your stock unit and for how much?

Thinking I like this idea over going with bluetooth/iphone adapters for the stock head unit.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:43 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 207 Posts

If you don't have any experience in mobile electronics integration it can be a pretty overwhelming experience, especially when it comes to integrating the steering wheel controls and factory audio.

If you have Bose, the easiest way is to use the M.O.S.T H.U.R. from NavTV. It will send the proper fiber optic signal to the amplifier. NavTV also has a good-looking dash bezel replacement to adapt the factory. Best steering wheel control module for that platform is the PAC SWI-CP5. It will use CAN Data to give you controls as well as a true ignition/accessory output.

If all of this sounds like Chinese, I would probably consult a Pro in your area.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:45 PM
uphoto
Pro

Received 315 Likes on 132 Posts

Thank you Nick, that all makes sense to me. I've had vehicles with JBL and Bose systems that needed amplifier and steering wheel adapters for aftermarket head units. I appreciate the recommendations.

Quick Reply: Self install of aftermarket head unit 957???