Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Dension Gateway 500S BT Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 01:11 AM
BackNBlack997
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dension Gateway 500S BT Help

I just tried installing a Gateway 500S BT into my 2008 Turbo. (I just got the car. It's my first Porsche, and I have been loving it!) I got the GW52MO1 (single FOT) model because I don't care about keeping the CD changer. I followed the instructions in this video:

I can't get the car to recognize the unit. When I hit the CD button on the PCM, it says "No CD Detected." If I put a CD in the changer, it will play the CD. The bluetooth, however, seems to work. I paired the unit with my iPhone, and it showed all my contacts. I can't get any music to stream via bluetooth though. I'm using an iPhone 6.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 08-07-2016, 02:27 PM
BackNBlack997
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the overwhelming number of response to my query, I put in some more research and more trial an error. Eventually, I figured out that I needed to put in a CDC Bypass so that the system would read the Dension rather than the CDC.

I thought I'd leave this post just incase anybody else ever runs into the same issue.

Quick Reply: Dension Gateway 500S BT Help