Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Dension with MOST

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Dension with MOST

04 996TT

Want
Stream music from my iPhone (6S)
Take phone calls on same hands free.

Former more important than the latter.

Don't want
Change the head unit or the interior.
It all needs to look factory stock.
Have no real desire to change the amps either unless I really have to.

The Dension looks to be my only option.

1. Will it work?
2. If 1. Will it just plug in where the CD changer is now? I don't use CDs much so can lose that without too much angst.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:44 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I guess no one did this.

So what did people do? Change the head unit?
Old 06-19-2016, 05:27 PM
peterfrans
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 05 C4S and have a mobridge unit installed. Install is fairly easy, you could mount it in place of the cdc, although my bluetooth connection frequently drops, something it did not do when it was mounted behind the PCM. Usability is really quite poor, to stream I need to push five-six buttons for it to get to A2DP. Unfortunately it also fails to remember this setting, so after getting in/out of the car, the whole thing needs to be done again. Handling of bluetooth calls is also hit and mis. No complaints about sound quality however. I am curious if the user interface of the Dension unit is any better. I also tried another MOST interface (OASI FIBER OPTIC with an Parrot MKI9100) and that unit is easier to use as it hands of the user interface to the parrot unit, unfortunately it had a loud buzz going up with engine revs so i reverted back to the mobridge.

In all, I have not found a solution that functions satisfactorily.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:58 PM
OJM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Consider the Tranzit Blu HF as another option

Originally Posted by Alan A
I guess no one did this.

So what did people do? Change the head unit?
I have a 997.1 and looked at every option to keep stock PCM. I ended up choosing the Tranzit Blu HF over the Dennison and other options. It worked great for BT streaming and phone calls and only cost me about $100. I see Amazion now has them for $80 or so.

The Tranzit Blu was great, but I just replaced my PCM with the very OEM looking Dynavin headunit. If you are interested, PM me and you can have my Tranzit Blu for $55 w/USPS shipping to anywhere in the U.S.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:58 PM
BMWtoo
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tension in 2006 C2S

I have the Dension with BT and it works OK for BT phone from my iPhone 6. Sound is OK with the top up, a little tough with the top down but that may be true for all cabs. UI of the Dension to the PCM is not great (not all that intuitive to add phone numbers, redial, etc.). I haven't tried to stream music, as I just have it connected to an old iPod in the center console, and that works pretty well.

Last summer I had some PCM problems that went away on their own -- almost replaced the PCM with Alpine CarPlay but know that it is working again, I'm not sure I want to remove stock PCM, Bose, etc.

Good luck!
Old 07-20-2016, 08:18 PM
MarkLP33
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mobridge also not great

I recently installed the m2pro from Mobridge. I have found the call clarity is okay. Everytime a call comes in though, I have to select the m2 to hear it over. It does not grab it natively. The ipod feature has been terrible at best. When you use a phone as the ipod, sometimes it plays over bluetooth or usb and sometimes it doesn't. More likely than not, it doesn't. When you plug in an actual ipod it take control over it which would be okay, but it doesn't allow you to select random play. It starts in the same playlist each time and doesn't even remember where it left off. I've had it in for a few weeks now and I'm about to have them rip it out.

Quick Reply: Dension with MOST