Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

FRUSTRATED. Does the Becker CDR-220 support AUX-in or not?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Sentinelist
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FRUSTRATED. Does the Becker CDR-220 support AUX-in or not?

Pissed off is more like it! After finding my perfect OEM compliment to my 944 Turbo, I finally picked up a good used CDR-220 off eBay a month ago and hooked it up last weekend with a new harness and antenna adaptor from SW Stereo. Glorious!

Added a Blaupunkt aux-in cable for my iPhone that I was told read would work. Keep in mind that's the whole reason I chose this model. FALSE. Actually has a different pin-out. TOSS. Bought the same cable in a Becker flavor. FAIL. Go to lookup the CDR-220 manual for the first time... and there's no mention of AUX anything in it! WTF? I've been reading other threads and even seen pictures of 'AUX' displayed on the screen where others have hooked up their iPhones to the CDR-220s. Now all of the sudden, I'm not seeing it in the manual and having what I assume to be the right cable now and it still doesn't work... I'm not happy. Somebody please clarify. Thanks.

http://pcarworkshop.com/images/d/d5/CDR_220_manual.pdf

EDIT: the cables I tried look the same and were from eBay, about $15, seemed to fit perfectly. is one of the cables from SW Stereo what I need instead? I notice one of them has an additional adaptor to the HU.

http://www.swstereo.com/accessories.php

Last edited by Sentinelist; 06-08-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:44 AM
Sentinelist
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: it does. I talked to a very helpful Stefan at SW Stereo, ordered the cable, and got the instructions how to kick it into AUX mode. For future reference here, you hold down the TP button for 8 seconds until the screen says 'BECKER 1', turn the right dial until 'AUX OFF' appears on the screen, then press either button directly under the display for the arrows to change the setting from 'AUX OFF' to 'AUX ON'. Turn radio off. Turn radio on, AUX is now a source mode. Gotta use an inline noise cancelling isolator to prevent any feedback noise (re: NO on the $7 eBay cables- one now resides in my trash).

Rock on.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I have an AUX input hooked up to the 220 in my '99 Boxster, and it works great. When I had my '86 944 I had put a 220 in that, also with the AUX input.

I had gotten everything through SW Stereo, and Stefan helped me out, too. I highly recommend them.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Try Becker radio site itself, they have the aux cable
http://www.beckerautosound.com/Porsc...CDR%20220.html
Old 04-06-2014, 09:16 PM
rob76turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I just ordered the Blau/8 iPhone connector yesterday. I will let everyone know if it works for me. Sentinelist, thanks for the tips. The manual of course did not have the instructions to get the 220 into Aux mode.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:41 PM
rob76turbo
Rennlist Member

Have a question - got the radio out and plugged in the harness, set the 220 for Aux, plugged in my iPhone and got sound. But it does not charge the phone. Is there a setting you have to invoke to get the harness to provide sound and charge at the same time? BTW, I bought the version of the harness that has two connectors - supposed to play and charge.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Arne Klinge
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess you need this if you want to charge. There is no power out on the Becker cables

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/iL-BKR.html
Old 07-14-2014, 03:40 PM
rob76turbo
Rennlist Member

Default Works Now...

Turned out to be a bad batch of cables. It was easily replaced and everything works great. I say go for it, spend less money and get sound / charging from your stock radio.

Quick Reply: FRUSTRATED. Does the Becker CDR-220 support AUX-in or not?