Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Help - Fibre Optic Output On CDR23 to Connect Denison Lite

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Jeffers1
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Fibre Optic Output On CDR23 to Connect Denison Lite

After reading all sorts of threads on how to get my Ipod connected to my CDR23 on my 2005 996.2 GT3 I opted for the Denison Lite which plugs into the cars fibre optic system.

I then read loads of threads on how to install the Denison Lite / 500 but I have come up against a problem I can't solve and I need your help please.

My car doesn't have the multi CD changer or the amp which is where most of these systems plug into the Fibre Optic connection. I have stripped the front trunk to pieces and there is no Fibre Optic connections in there. I then removed the head unit and there is also no Fibre Optic cables connected to the back of the CDR23 head unit itself so there appears to be no fibre optics on my car to plug the Denison unit into :? :? :? There is just a plastic blanking plug in the Fibre Optic connector on the back of the head unit. I've tried searching to see if you can get a Fibre Optic cable to plug into the back of the CDR23 but can't find anything.

It's now driving me crazy so if anyone else has come across this some helpful advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:23 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 90 Posts

Check out this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...2&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
I wanted to revive this thread as today I emailed back and forth with Eric at Bumperplugs for about *2 hours back and forth until I finally figured out the issue with my Gateway 500. *I had to swap what was an intermittent failure on one of my cables in the loop. *after resetting the unit and reconnecting all the wire connectors to the Gateway, my system is finally working properly. *I wanted to add this graphic because it's my understanding that all 2004-2005 GT3s do not have a CD changer and do not have an external optical amp. *This being the case, if you have the CDR 23 or CDR 24, you should confirm the following connections for your optical loop:

Image: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...onToCDRGT3.jpg

Again, once you have the optical loop connected properly as in the graphic above, you must also have 12 volt CONSTANT "unswitched" power. *I pulled my power from the fuse panel located behind the dead pedal panel in the driver's side footwell. *Once you provide that, and have the rest of the connections made, the wires run and the dipswitches set (from left, first three are down, fourth up, fifth down, sixth up), then you must have someone connect to your headunit and turn on the CD Changer function thru the MOST interface. *You'll need to go to a Porsche dealership or aftermarket service center that has a Porsche diagnostic tool.

I was of the mind today that I was either going to resolve this problem with the Gateway or I would be removing the system all together and going another route. *So I'm pretty pleased that the unit is functioning and I can now listen to an Ipod or the Iphone music library thru the head unit.

Mike

Quick Reply: Help - Fibre Optic Output On CDR23 to Connect Denison Lite