Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Just heard some new cool gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 03:58 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,168 Posts
Default Just heard some new cool gear

In my attempt to just pick up some speakers for a new surround system I am installing I got sucked into the listening room and saw some new equipment i have never heard of before. Since the audition was going on I figured I would take a seat since it was offered.

Had to admit it was rather impressive. Took 4 songs before I could actually say I heard something that seemed like it was coming remotely from the speaker. They disappeared beautifully with nice tone and great definition, sound stage and dynamic range. Was very open and airy sounding. The new equipment was a pair of Music Culture Technology MC 331 High Definition Reference 3-way Tower Monitor Speakers http://www.music-culture.us/products.htm powered by a pair of class A Bully Sound Company BSC-100m mono blocks. http://www.bullysound.com/concept.htm. Of course the pre was none less than a Shindo Masseto which IMO makes everything sound better.

Bully sound is made in CT by Bret D'Agostino, son of Krell founder Dan D'Agostino and apparently he learned something while working at Krell. The speakers and apparently electronics from Music Culture are an incredible value at their price. Although I did not listen to the electronics the general consensus is the MC eq rates up there with units costing nearly double their price.

Still need some additional listening and they are new to the market but I have a funny feeling we will hear more about these brands soon.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:39 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 19 Posts

The head honcho at Music Culture was formerly an MBL principal. They also make solid state monoblocks and (I believe) a preamp.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:50 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Originally Posted by triode
The head honcho at Music Culture was formerly an MBL principal. They also make solid state monoblocks and (I believe) a preamp.
I had heard that. Nothing over the top in design like MBL by any means open and airy but with a bit more sound stage than the MBL which offer incredible tone but no definition.

Quick Reply: Just heard some new cool gear