Mcintosh questions - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.

Mcintosh questions

Old 04-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Matt Lane
Addict
Rennlist Member

Some dirty pics of the new rig replacing my vintage Mc system...

Mc SS 501 monos w/ 800D speakers. A Mc C2300 tube pre is on order.

Will report back when I get it hooked up, but my best guess is that they'll sound

Cheers!

Matt
Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:31 PM
86 3point2
User

Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
If your looking for neutral sound Audience AU24E cables are about as good as you would need to go assuming you are happy with the sound of the units. Simple clean accurate sounding cable in the middle of the price range as far as cables go.

Audience cables are like trailex car trailers. Reasonably priced for what they are offer all around great performance and always command close to their investment price used.

Other names worth looking at; Audioquest or if you have the money to burn Kubala Sosna, or siltec.

As far as TT's go IMO the transrotor Darkstar is one of the finest TT's at any price range. They run around $5k but worth every penny and look cool.
Thanks for the advice - will check Darkstar out...I am looking at a Linn unit tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mcintosh questions

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: