Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Car sound is one-sided

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:39 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car sound is one-sided

This didn't happen in the p-car, but I thought maybe someone here would know what I should do.

The left channel (front and back) went out in the car. There is some sound, but very faint. This is true when I fade from front to back as well. Since it was both front and back, my logic said it was the HU that had blown a channel. SO I went out and got a new unit only to have the same problem. Nothing has been changed in the car, so I basically can't figure out what would cause this problem. Anyone have any ideas what I should check?
Thanks guys and girls
Old 06-15-2011, 07:47 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

What kind of car is it. Maybe it has a factory amplifier. It is rare that both speakers on one side would go out but they could be blown... It is very easy to check. If it is not amplified take out the radio and ohm out the speakers at the speaker wires behind the radio. Its one of 4 things, the radio, fatory amp if there is one, speakers or the wires going to the speakers. Give me alittle more info and I can step you threw some things to check to find out what it is..
Old 06-22-2015, 09:41 AM
kellymartin612
Advanced

Does your car audio system support A2DP stereo Bluetooth profile ? Probably it does, otherwise I don’t think you can stream audio with just the Hands-free (HFP) profile (which is a low quality link meant only for calls). Mine works fine in stereo with my car’s audio system. Try deleting all the BT settings from your car and initialize everything from the beginning.

Quick Reply: Car sound is one-sided